Nixon Enemies List entry for
|List and position:||First/Top 20, #17|
|Name as originally listed:||Daniel Schorr|
|Vitals:||8/31/1916 - 7/23/2010|
|Comment on original list:||Columbia Broadcasting System, Washington|
|Lists with duplicates of this person:||1|
- 70-year career as a journalist, winning 3 Emmy Awards
- "I consider my presence on the enemies list a greater tribute than the Emmys list." (reported in his NY Times obituary)
- Found out he was on the list when he read his name aloud on live television.
- Nixon apparently ordered the FBI to investigate him, finding nothing of interest. The harassment was not, however, because of his inclusion on the Enemies List. Nixon didn't need John Dean's help to figure out that he wanted to discredit Schorr any way possible.
- was listed twice on the first list, on the "Top 20" and under "Media"
- narrated the 1994 miniseries "Watergate"
- Edward R. Murrow Award for Lifetime Achievement in Broadcasting, 2002
Your comment: (comments may be edited for relevance and civility, but not likely)