Nixon Enemies List entry for
Edwin Otto Guthman:
|List and position:||First/Top 20, #3 with Charles Colson's blue checkmark|
|Name as originally listed:||Ed Guthman|
|Vitals:||8/11/1919 - 8/31/2008|
|Comment on original list:||managing editor, L.A. Times|
|Lists with duplicates of this person:||1|
- National editor for the Los Angeles Times, 1965-1977.
- Listed both in the Top 20 and under "Media."
- Press secretary for Robert F. Kennedy, 1961-1965.
- Awarded Pulitzer Prize in 1950 while at the Seattle Times.
- Decorated WW II combat veteran.
- Profiled by Tom Brokaw in "The Greatest Generation."
- His Seattle Times obituary notes that his "association with the Kennedys also helped land him on President Nixon's infamous 'enemies list.'"
- His LA Times obituary's first sentence says that his "aggressive pursuit of Watergate stories during the 1970s earned him the enmity of President Nixon and the No. 3 spot on Nixon's infamous enemies list."
- His NY Times obituary noted that he was "named by the Nixon White House on a so-called enemies list, where he was described as 'a highly sophisticated hatchet man against us in â€™68.'"
There are no comments yet
Your comment: (comments may be edited for relevance and civility, but not likely)