Nixon Enemies List entry for
S. Sterling Munro, Jr.:
|List and position:||First/Top 20, #10 with Charles Colson's blue checkmark|
|Name as originally listed:||S. Sterling Munro, Jr.|
|Vitals:||3/2/1932 - 3/9/1992|
|Comment on original list:||Senator Jackson's aide, 711 Lamberton Drive, Silver Spring, Md.|
- Administrative Assistant to Senator Henry M. "Scoop" Jackson 1961-77.
- considered a behind-the-scenes sort of person.
- comment on Top 20 list suggests that Sen. Jackson was the true target and an effort to damage Monro would serve to discredit Jackson.
- credited with helping to pass National Environmental Policy Act.
- He was puzzled when he was listed as #10 on the Enemies List and said, "At least I finished higher on the list than Paul Newman."
- No connection to Monro Mufflers or to the differently-spelled Sterling Monroe Securities (founded 2002).
- The Washington Post misspelled his last name in his obituary.
- had no obituary in the NY Times--the first on the list to go unnoticed.
There are no comments yet
Your comment: (comments may be edited for relevance and civility, but not likely)